Elevant are on a mission – to transform advances in cellular research into effective daily solutions that address body-wide health and avoid age-related decline.
Longevity.Technology recommends Elevant: a clinically-tested, high purity supplement, that works directly within your cells to boost energy. Boom!
Longevity supplements have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years, and one of the most successful products is nicotinamide mononucleotide – NMN. NMN is popular because it’s a precursor of NAD+, a molecule every organism needs to power hundreds of processes in your body, including repairing damage, fighting infection, combating inflammation, fuelling brain function and slowing the effects of aging.
But Elevant have gone one better; not only has it partnered with the world-renowned Buck Institute for Research on Aging to produce pharma grade NMN that is pure, highly stable, and shown to have higher tolerability than other forms of NMN, but it has leveraged its scientific research and knowledge to map out a routine for longevity.
Longevity.Technology sponsored content: We’re faced with a continual barrage of decisions that need making, and routines can help us cope with the onslaught of questions that need deciding. Routines ground us, and there is evidence that they can help improve our sleep, reduce anxiety and boost our cognitive function . It is surprising, then, that some of us have little routine in our supplements habits, hopping from one product to another and having scant regard for optimal dose timings. Elevant has a plan to change that.
NMN – a crucial building block for longevity
There is almost no biological process that doesn’t need NAD+. However, like all molecules, it’s made from other things and NMN is the direct precursor of this essential molecule, making NMN a critical component for health and wellbeing. Research has shown that supplementing with NMN is an effective way to boost NAD+ levels, helping your body maintain critical functions, repair damage and slow the effects of aging .
Based on studies demonstrating NMN’s ability to boost NAD+, Elevant uses a uniquely synthesised form of NMN, called NMN-C.
“There are several products on the market prepared to raise NAD levels, including nicotinamide riboside, or nicotinamide mononucleotide, NMN,” explains Eric Verdin, MD, President of The Buck Institute. “What differentiates the NMN-C used in Elevant is that it is fully synthetic. In contrast, other NMN products on the market actually use enzymatic products from bacteria for the last step of the synthesis. And so, this fully synthetic product is likely to be pure and more efficient at raising NAD levels.”
Elevant’s ticks the pharma grade standard box in three ways:
- High tolerance – an OECD 408 toxicology study, the first of its kind to be undertaken on NMN, demonstrated that NMN-C has a NOAEL tolerance level 3x higher than NR and almost 7x higher than NAM. This means that the body absorbs NMN more safely than other NAD+ boosters.
- Verified safety and quality – NMN-C is self-GRAS in accordance with stringent US FDA regulatory guidelines. The product is manufactured in cGMP-certified facilities in Europe, and every NMN-C batch is tested for purity and impurities.
- Preclinically and clinically tested – with 11 clinical trials underway, NMN-C clinical trials are the most extensive in-human NMN research programme to date.
Getting into a routine
Onboarding daily NMN is good way to boost your NAD+ levels – perhaps start thinking of it as “now my norm”!
Every cell is capable of absorbing NMN, but Dr Alessia Grozio, Chief Scientist at Elevant’s parent company Seneque, discovered that the slc12a8 gene, which encodes for the protein that enables NMN to be absorbed, is specifically more active within the small intestine. This discovery led to Elevant developing NMN-C in two forms to target different routes of absorption and mapping out a daily routine to optimise NMN:
- Elevant Prime in the morning for a long-term action at a deeper level – an easy addition to your breakfast routine.
By swallowing the NMN, it goes through your digestive system and arrives in the small intestine where the slc12a8 is the most active, enabling deeper action on the overall body, beneficial effects on immunity and regeneration of cells on the long term.
- Elevant Optima in the early afternoon to boost your energy and focus for the rest of the day.
These are chewable tablets that are easy to be taken on the go; the NMN goes through sub-lingual sensors and is faster absorbed. Through this route, the cells located around your brain are more entitled to benefits from the NMN directly, and it provides an immediate feeling of energy and brain clarity/focus. Optima is an idea way to provide a quick flash of energy that combats that mid-afternoon torpor and giving you energy and focus for the rest of the day.
Although you can onboard the necessary amount of NMN with either Prime or Optima, Elevant recommends a complementary routine of both. Either way, it is important to take the recommended dosage, otherwise there could be a delay in seeing anticipated results.
NAD+ also contributes to the regulation of circadian rhythms and sleep-wake cycles. Maintaining a steady amount of NAD+ in your body by supplementing with NMN helps you keep daily bio rhythms on track and in sync, leading to better sleep at the end of the day. The flipside of this is that consumption is not recommended in the three hours before bedtime as NMN activates an energy response in the body.
Benefits of NMN supplementation
Elevant’s NMN-C is designed to provide three key benefits:
- Enhance cognitive function – improves brain blood vessel dilation and blood flow to the brain, improving cognitive functions.
- Strengthen immunity – cells are strengthened by a steady NMN supply, allowing your cells to better manage metabolic stresses and DNA damages.
- Boosts energy – replenishing levels of NAD+ recharges cells, allowing them to function more efficiently and making you feel more energised.