Berlin will play host to a summit showcasing the research and developments in rejuvenation biotech.
The Rejuvenation Startup Summit (Berlin, 14-15 October 2022) is a vibrant networking event that brings together startups and members of the longevity venture capital/investor ecosystem – all aiming to create therapies to vastly extend the healthy human lifespan.
Longevity.Technology: Rejuvenation biotech is a emerging field of medicine, which is rapidly gaining ground. It aims to prevent and reverse diseases of aging by addressing their common root cause – the aging process itself. Rejuvenation therapies aim to reverse or repair age-related cellular changes such as molecular waste, calcification, tissue stiffening, loss of stem cell function, genetic alterations and impaired energy production.
Now that the world seems to be back on its axis and in-person events are in full swing, summits like this provide excellent opportunities for longevity cross-fertilisation and fostering of ideas.
In addition to an exciting range of presentations from CEOs of startups in the field of rejuvenation and longevity, the summit features an all-day startup forum for vibrant networking. Starting midday on Friday and finishing off on Saturday night with a big party, the summit offers ample opportunity to get in touch, learn and network with some of the most promising companies in the field.
Frank Schueler, COO of the Forever Healthy Foundation which is hosting the event told Longevity.Technology: “The overwhelming interest from longevity CEOs in joining us at the Summit is clear evidence that the rejuvenation industry’s evolution is accelerating rapidly.”
The stellar line-up includes:
- Dobri Kiprov, Co-founder and CSO of Lyfspn – carrying out a pilot study on plasmapheresis
- Matthias Breugelmans, CEO of Elastrin – leveraging a platform to develop therapeutics that render calcified tissue and organs supple again
- Alex Blyth, CEO of LIfT BioSciences – developing the world’s first ‘off-the-shelf’ cell therapy to destroy all solid tumours
- James McCully and Alex Schueller, CEO of cellvie – pioneering therapeutic mitochondria transplantation
- Yuri Deigin, CEO of Youth Bio – developing gene therapies aimed at restoring more youthful epigenetic profiles with the help of partial reprogramming
- Mark Allen, CEO of Elevian – restoring youthful regenerative capacity with the potential to treat and prevent many age-related diseases
- Mike Kope, CEO of Cyclarity – prevents age-related conditions such as atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke by addressing the root cause
- Aaron Cravens, CEO of REVEL – opens up an entirely new field in the treatment of age-related molecular damage – breaking cross-linked collagen fibres
- Ann Beliën, CEO of Rejuvenate Biomed – researches the biology of aging and evaluates the therapeutic potential of synergistic combination drugs
- Robin Mansukhani, CEO of Deciduous Therapeutics – developing multiple activation approaches to clearing senescent cells via novel immunotherapies
- Rob Konrad Maciejewski, Co-founder and CEO of Biolytica – combining state-of-the-art health data analytics and personalised longevity programs
- Sophie Chabloz, Co-founder and CPO of Avea Life – science-based longevity ingredients that work together to target aging on the cellular level
- Chris Shepard, CEO of Thymofox – regenerating the thymus to enhance human health-span
- Pankaj Kapahi, Founder and CEO of Juvify – expanding lifespan by reducing advanced glycation end products (AGEs)
- Mourad Topors, CSO of Repair Biotech – developing drugs for cholesterol and aging-related diseases
- Jesus Zurdo, CEO of Telomere Therapeutics – developing a telomerase-based gene therapy for the treatment of pathologies related to the shortening of telomeres and, therefore, aging
- Vlad Vitoc, CEO of MAIA Biotechnology – dedicated to developing targeted cancer therapies
- Eric Verdin, CEO and president of the Buck Institute for Research on Aging
Investors may explore concrete investment opportunities, or, if new to the field, get jumpstarted on the upcoming new megatrend ‘Rejuvenation/Longevity’ – a still young industry that will eventually become much bigger than today’s largest technology markets.
Further information can be found at www.forever-healthy.org/summit/